Writing a poem in 3 minutes or less
This is a participatory workshop to demonstrate the power in writing a short poem.
The workshop includes:
- Introduction with 2 short poems will be read as examples (2 minutes).
Each participant will write a poem using this outline (3 minutes).
Ideas are like (choose a metaphor):
- 3 descriptors about how ideas FEEL. (adjectives or phrases)
- When they (something that happens)
- The world (response/action)
- Two volunteers will be asked to read their poem and comment
- Conclusion including four ways to bring writing poetry into your life. (1 minute).